SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rockybird

Terrible vacation. Need Hotel recommendations for Palm Springs area?

6 years ago

My father has a beautiful little mid century vacation condo in PS area. He and I live in different states. Once a year we get together at his condo. We play basketball, hike, go to our favorite restaurants, the movies, catch up, and do nothing. I really needed a break and was looking forward to this trip.

We got in late at night Thurs. I immediately took a shower and put on my pjs. My father then tells me there is sewage in his shower! We had this happen one time before (Christmas Eve of course) and the plumber opened the line. There are 3 units on one septic system on a golf course.

The plumber showed up at 10 AM the next day. He spent all day trying to clear the lines. The neighbors show up for the weekend and notice their unit is backed up into their showers. My father and I use the clubhouse to eat and go potty. By 7 Pm the owners of all three units are in our condo, drinking vodkas, socializing. The plumber is still working and his boss is on the way. By 930 PM they tell us there is nothing they can do. It needs a hydrojet, which they will try to get for the today. But there is no guarantee it will work! THey think there are massive roots in the main septic line.

I started looking for hotel rooms, but at this point I realized I have a terrible cold and I am so tired. I got a motel 6 room ($150!) to use the shower and slept on the couch of the condo. I would rather sleep in our condo than the hotel room, plus I have a healthy fear of bed bugs.

My father an I are at Starbucks with our towels and clothes in the car. We are going to the motel 6 to take our morning showers. If the hydrojet doesn’t work, we will need 2 hotel rooms for 3 nights. Or a casita or suite would be great. Are there any recommendations? I have checked air bnb but not real happy with the choices. We can stay in LaQuinta, Palm Desert, Palm Springs, etc. I want a nice place where I can relax....

Comments (21)