SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hannah_richter7932200

Is there more efficient use of space for this house? Small, L Shaped!

Hannah Richter
6 years ago

Here is a shot of my home's layout. We have lived here for two years and it has been a great first house. However since moving in we've had a baby and realized how small and storage-less this house really is. Everything feels tight. And I'm starting to be unhappy with it. I very much dislike that you have to walk through the kitchen to get to the bathrooms and all of the bedrooms. We would love to move to a new home within the next few years, but we've also been told that we are in one of the last houses where we are locked into an interest rate that is as low as we have! So I would like to get creative and help myself LOVE this house again!!! It is a very awkward shape. Anybody have any suggestions on how to completely rework the space? I was thinking tearing down the wall between the kitchen and BR #3, and moving the master bedroom to the back end of the great room and just opening things up a little bit. But I also don't want to pour in a ton of money since this won't be our forever home!

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!

Comments (5)