SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kali_deere

Silly Comparison - what do you think?

kali_deere
6 years ago

Hi all, as spring comes upon on I am planning my gardens with more fervor than ever. I have a circular garden (I call it the Oasis) that I can finally use this year, woo hoo! Last year I spent the entire season ripping out invasives, amending soil, and planting a few sturdy things. I'm posting this in the rose forum as the main focus of the Oasis will be the roses IMO, and I absolutely love seeing all your finished gardens so I'm hoping you'll lend me your expertise. I also have lots of blues and purples in the garden. I have 2 design options and I would love your opinion!! [images not to scale]

Option 1: More Natural - this one is based more on the natural sizes the plants are estimated to be, putting the largest in the back, and then descending at different rates. This one would require moving currently established plants around a significant amount.

Option 2: Super Symmetrical - how do you think symmetry tends to work in circular gardens? The garden is an exact circle if that helps. This design would mean less moving established plants around. (for sizes i list height first, then width. Since plants are new, sizes are based on zone estimates for mature size).

So what do you all think? Or do you have other suggestions? :) TY in advance!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz