SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
butterflybap

Lack of Transparency in Quartz Products

Micki-Micki
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I am visiting showrooms and boneyards. I am meeting with fabricators, suppliers, and supplier/fabricators. I am growing increasingly frustrated with what I perceive is a lack of transparency from some of these vendors. Yesterday I was at a Supplier/Fabricator. I was shown a material at the top pricing group (and the top color group price). My question was, "Is this Caesarstone? Or Silestone?" The answer I received was, "This is Quartz." How on earth can I make a decision that is the best use of my $$$ if I am not given all of the answers.

Then there are the non-Breton quartz products. These were plainly marked with Chinese origins. I am surprised that I received a quote for this quartz that was within $300 from Cambria!

I have done my research. I am sure that people are frustrated by me because I am not excited by the mention of the word "Quartz". I just want to make the ding-dang selection and move on to templating.

LOL. I have three quotes - (1) Cambria, (2) Caesarstone & Non-Breton, and (3) "Quartz". I am leaning towards Cambria. I am impressed with the fabricator (they do laser templating :) ) and that there isn't a lot of trickery with the color price groups. 134 color styles are group A. Choice of 10 edges. I just find it necessary to get at least one more quote before I make a decision.

Comments (7)