SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brinckie11

Kitchen Counter Help - Maple Cabinets and Walnut Floors

Ok design experts, I need help with kitchen counter top.

We are getting ready in the next few months to put the house on the market and I'm ready to choose a new countertop. The cabinets are Maple and in good shape so I'm probably leaving them as is. I replaced black appliances with stainless and am getting rid of the laminate counter and backsplash. Floors were redone last week in dark walnut. Home is a 1950's ranch, with a large, open plan. There is a lot of counter top, about 55 sq ft.

I have a choice of:

a. Grey Quartz - I liked one at the warehouse that was about the color of concrete but
someone suggested it might make my kitchen look a little "blah". $40 sq ft.

b. White Quartz - total insanity? Too hard to keep clean? $40 sq ft

c. Offwhite Quartz with light grey veining (photo attached) - kinda expensive (I think $59 sq ft)
and too taste specific? My realtor and stager like this one best.

I'm a little nervous that since I already have 2 color woods going on, I don't want to counter top to be too distracting as there is a lot of countertop. Was planning on a simple, white subway tile backsplash.

Which to choose!??? Thanks in advance for your advice. PS - I realize the counter is messy and I promise that once construction is over, I will take everything off counter and scrub every surface until I want to cry!

Kitchen today

Calacatta Vitoria Quartz

Comments (11)