SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debras_hilltop

Need a color to blend elements in my family room

debras_hilltop
6 years ago

Hello, all. I have moved into a 70s ranch that we will entirely redo. The family room has cherry built-ins. I do not have the option of changing the color of the built-ins. We replaced the 2 X 2 wall tile with natural travertine, which I like. The present wall color, which I didn't choose, is Moderate White by Sherwin Williams. As this photo shows, it is much too green and doesn't complement the finishes. I'm looking for a warm neutral color that is deeper than the tile, which I hope will calm down that very orange cherry. There will be a white leather sectional in the room, and I'm hoping it will have a nice contrast with a rich wall color. The rest of the house is being painted Balboa Mist, a light, cool neutral that is too light and too cool for the other elements in this room. I have looked at SW Kilim Beige and Realist Beige, Pratt & Lambert Platinum, Manchester Tan (too green), and others. Any ideas? I don't want this room to be so intensely colored that it will not flow well with the rest of the house. I tend to love cool colors, so it's not easy for me to choose warm colors. What about Anew Gray? Hoping to find a solution soon! Thanks for your thoughts.

Comments (95)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!