SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Happy Mardi Gras - Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Lars
6 years ago

We went to Torrance this morning to visit the New Balance shoe store to get a replacement for my walking shoes, which had broken down - or were just broken, and so I checked for nearby restaurants for us to have lunch and happened to find the Rajin' Cajun in Redondo Beach on PCH, just two blocks from the beach. I had forgotten that Mardi was in full swing this week-end, but I got reminded at the restaurant:

Luckily we got there right at noon (they opened at 11:30), and there was already a crowd, as they were having a crawfish eating contest. We did not participate in that, but we did sit next to their soapbox derby and photo op station, and watched people trying on hats to have their photos taken. We did not try on the hats or feather boas - Kevin did not want to have his photo taken the "I survived Mardi Gras 2018" banner either.

They had alligator on the appetizer menu, but it was $22, and so we had okra instead. I had a fried oyster po' boy, and Kevin had Crawfish étouffée. I had Cajun fries with my sandwich. Everything was good, especially the okra. We might go back sometime and have the alligator, but it is worth going to for the étouffée.

Are you celebrating this year? We forgot to wear our Mardi Gras beads, but then we didn't know we would be going there until we got to the shoe store. They served us drinks in Mason jars, which reminded me of Texas and southern Louisiana. It was kind of nostalgic for us.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012