SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lorraineg570

Heavier hinge or one with wider adjustment?

lorraineg570
6 years ago

We have a newer kitchen (1 1/2 yo). I have one cabinet door that has had issues with sagging since a few weeks after installation. I've had the installers back here numerous times. They've adjusted, replaced and used Loc-tite on the hinge. The hinge is not loose in the cabinet box. I'm wondering if the door (laminate) is just too heavy for the hinges? Even when we do manage to get it to close without hitting the left panel (see pic), within days, it's sagging again. The screw in the top hinge that you turn to move the door L-R is adjusted (R) as far as possible. If I try to adjust the bottom hinge screw opposite, to in essence rotate the door, moving the top over so it clears the panel, then the bottom hits. Lowe's installers here are inept. They measured wrong for my cabinets, used gray mastic on pure white glass backsplash tile that designated only white mastic be used on the box, the list goes on. I'm tired of calling them.

So....I'm wondering if there is either a sturdier hinge that I can purchase OR a hinge with more leeway as far as adjustment? The entire door needs moved right at least 1/16 of an inch if not more. There is room to do that as there is no cabinet adjacent and probably 1/8" of box still showing on the right. These are Salice hinges if that matters.

Comments (5)