SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suseyb

Pictures of SuperCore SPC Flooring?

suseyb
6 years ago

We are considering putting the Kryptonite Supercore flooring in our home. The first step will be the first floor over concrete (living room, master bedroom and bath, kitchen, formal dining, and laundry). It is around 1700 square feet. We also have stairs and and upstairs to do at a later date.

I have samples of the flooring, but would love to see it installed. It's difficult to tell how the patterns work on the sample. Thanks.

Comments (96)

• Jamie Pace
    4 years ago

I just had 1250 sq ft of SuperCore Krypton installed in my house that I am getting ready to sell. I love this flooring. It’s beautiful, and the installers were very impressed with it.

I am having a new home built soon and plan to have either Krypton or Sol as my new flooring.

• PRO
    WeShipFloors
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

We have the most awesome customers ever! Thank you all for ordering our Supercore flooring!

We have been very fortunate on many fronts. First, we have a great product to be offering you. Second, we really ordered a LOT 4th quarter last year so we still have plenty on hand for immediate shipment. 3rd, we sell only online, which allows us to work remotely and still give you excellent customer service. 4th, Because we ship to your driveway, you can get your flooring done while still on lockdown....lol

I would like to thank each and every one of you for your continued business.

Alan Ward
    CEO
    WeShipFloors.com

• Related Discussions

SuperCore flooring

Q

Comments (11)
    We are laying Supercore in two large rooms, with a small hallway between them (laundry on one side, bathroom on the other. I'm worried that by the time we get to the farthest edge the flooring might not be straight. How do you make sure it is when flooring over a large span.
    ...See More

SuperCore Flooring

Q

Comments (1)
    Following this as well as I learned about SPC from We Ship Floors yesterday. I have engineered hardwoods (some water damage) and I'm torn on if I can go to a laminate, LVP, or SPC. Cathy Hill, at a local flooring store this past weekend the guy showed us Mohawk's RevWood Plus laminate which is supposedly waterproof. I can't find any reviews from homeowners as the product just came out this year. I ideally want engineered hardwoods again but I'm nervous about another water leak.
    ...See More

Is this floor too busy? SPC Flooring

Q

Comments (14)
    If you are asking about "Does it look too busy?" then I'm assuming you are already cringing at your decision. Only you can decide whether or not you can "handle" this floor. Your floor will look rustic. The heavy mineral streaks and the knots will ensure you have a country/rustic feel in the home. Right now this is the "trend". If you are going for trendy, then this floor is fine. If you were attempting "timeless classic" then you may have missed the boat. Without knowing your style and knowing your tolerance, no one can tell you if your floor is too busy. Personally I LOVE movement. The more the merrier. Character grade hickory or white oak makes me SUPER happy! I LOVE big chunks of colour. It makes my heart sing. Which means I'm the LAST person who can tell you if your floor is "too busy". But if you are already asking the question after one box, then I think you may need to ask yourself WHY you are asking the question. What is it inside you that is making you rethink your decision?
    ...See More

Terracota tiles with SPC wood flooring

Q

Comments (2)
    All of the floor samples look almost identical in color, except the last one is a bit darker. I don't think you could go wrong with any of them! #3 is probably my favorite because it has less grain.
    ...See More
  • bubbabraun
    4 years ago

I'm thinking of installing Supercore.. Will the product install throughout our entire house without transition strips? Also, how do I keep it close to tubs or showers without it contracting or moving away from the tubs or showers?

• seekingflooring
    4 years ago

Supercore is great for installing throughout the home without transitions. You have to maintain a 1/4" expansion against all walls and objects like tubs, toilets, etc. The expansion is for the movement of everything in your home, the floor itself virtually doesn't move at all. Check out the install guide for more in depth preparation for your project. https://www.weshipfloors.com/supercore-installation-instructions

• seekingflooring
    4 years ago

How to clean Supercore floors? i see that question a lot,.... I was advised to use warm water with a little vinegar for everyday cleaning. It is tough enough to handle a steamer as well for deep cleaning. If you want to buy something off the shelf, just focus on products approved for vinyl floor care.

• Jamie Pace
    4 years ago

I use Bona and a microfiber mop. It works great on the SuperCore.

It states on the back that it’s also for vinyl floors.

• Mark
    3 years ago

Janet Jenkins did you ever get your French Oak floors installed? Any pics

• Janet Jenkins
    3 years ago

Not yet! Since we had the Covid-19 stay-at-home order, I postponed the project. I have been painting closets, washing walls in preparation for painting and organizing instead. I have the lovely flooring in my garage and it is really beautiful. I'm excited to get it installed but I have some more painting to do first! Thanks for asking, I'll be sure to post here as soon as the flooring is installed.

• Mark
    3 years ago

Excited for you! I have a sample but as you know it's really hard to tell how they flooring looks based off that little 5"x7" sample. How would you describe the color of the full planks and how much variation is there between them? Is the gray really pronounced. I'm 90% sure French Oak will be the color I go with but I'll probably order a sample box to get a full feel and solidify my decision.

• 7gladiolus
    3 years ago

Here’s the Circassian Walnut we installed in January. It’s appearance/color is what I expected. I really like the look.

• Stacy Edwards
    3 years ago

We installed SuperCore in our new custom build throughout the whole house. I love it, although I'm struggling with how to clean it. Swiffer wet jet, hardwood floor cleaner with mop and bucket hasn't cleaned it well. I still have water drop spots, random shoe and foot prints, even with plenty of elbow grease. I was reading that LVP cannot use steam, so I'm still leary to use steam on my SuperCore. I'll try warm water and vinegar tonight.

• Janet Jenkins
    3 years ago

Hi Stacy, what color flooring did you get? Please keep us posted on your cleaning efforts./methods. The lady at WeShipFloors said Bona works well, she didn't give me a specific type. I have the SuperCore waiting to be installed after we finish painting. I'm the world's slowest ever.

• seekingflooring
    3 years ago

I also heard that any cleaning product approved for cleaning vinyl flooring is also a safe product for Supercore.

• kjv3
    3 years ago

Janet Jenkins did you install your Supercore French Oak floors? Mine will be here on Monday. Any pictures?

• seekingflooring
    3 years ago

kjv3,

I saw some Supercore French Oak pics on this thread, it looks pretty awesome...

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/4249579/adura-max-vs-coretec#25867892

• Janet Jenkins
    3 years ago

I have not installed my flooring yet. My father passed away last month, I have flown to Los Angeles 4 times in the past 6 months. Now I'm back in Atlanta, I have to finish painting some rooms, get the contractors in to do their thing and then finally I will get the flooring installed. This year has not gone anything like I planned. But the minute I get those floors installed, I'm running to this thread!! Thanks for asking!!

• kjv3
    3 years ago

I’m so sorry to hear about your father. I did not mean to put you on the spot... I agree it’s been crazy these past six months. I am thankful to be working but needed something to keep me distracted from “life”. I decided to jump in with both feet and renovate my home. I chose Supercore French Oak about 1100 sq ft. I too need to chose paint color. The floors will be here Monday. Im sure your home will turn out beautifully as well. I pray all works out for you and your family during this difficult time.

• Gina-Marie Clark
    3 years ago

We installed Krypton over a year ago and love it! We are actually selling our house so now I'm having an internal battle if I want to use the same color in the next house or do something a bit cleaner like oyster. Either way my family of 6 along with 3 dogs have thrown everything at this floor with no issues. Well except that one time I forgot to turn off the steam mop and it warped a few planks 😬 my bad. I love how the lighting can change the look so much yet it's so universal.

• Stacy Edwards
    3 years ago

Gina, what do you use to clean it with? I have super core and can never get spots

• recordaras
    3 years ago

I use a flat microfiber mop and warm water, sometimes with a tiny spritz of a mild all purpose cleaner. We have a dog and that takes all drool/water/snot marks right off. Is your flooring a dark color? We have Krypton and it shows nothing!

• Stacy Edwards
    3 years ago

Yes, my flooring is a dark color :( I guess that is water. The water marks and drool marks from my dog, kids, and husband are driving me insane!!

• recordaras
    3 years ago

Oh man I’m sorry. We had a rental with dark floors (supposedly hardwood per the listing, but I strongly suspect it was laminate) and it was a NIGHTMARE. Floors never looked clean. Every speck of dust, every dog hair, every water spot, every sock/foot mark on a newly washed floor. Unfortunately I think it’s a color issue and not a SuperCore issue. :( So area rugs where you can and microfiber mop and water for cleaning - I’ve found that many cleaning solutions (even Bona) when used regularly tend to build up and make things even worse. The microfiber has a nice amount of grip, but you still need some upper body strength to scrub off what my husband calls “dog snot”.

• Stacy Edwards
    3 years ago

I'm assuming all my failed attempts means you are correct :'( Thanks for the feedback!

• Gina-Marie Clark
    3 years ago

@Stacy Edwards I personally fell in love with a steam mop more recently but before that and when we had darker laminate I used a Rubbermaid refillable mop with their mop pads and members mark (from Sams Club) no rinse floor cleaner. It's a concentrate so it lasts forever. I also had to make sure the pad was clean every time or I would just be pushing around dirt and it would make streaks. I mop every day multiple times a day also because I hate doggie prints so the dirt doesn't get a chance to really build up. That always caused a problem when I would skip a day or days.

• Tasha B
    3 years ago

We had supercore installed in our custom built home and within a few months are having issues with the boards bending/buckling up at the seams. Super disappointed because we love the look of it.

• PRO
    WeShipFloors
    3 years ago

Tasha B,

It sounds like someone installed it wrong and broke the locks. Call in 1-844-356-6711

Alan

• PRO
    WeShipFloors
    3 years ago

Hey Tasha,

We still haven't heard from you. If you're having an issue, we are here for you. These can be fixed, give us a call so we can discuss. 1-844-356-6711

Alan

• Tasha B
    3 years ago

Our builder has/will be in touch.

• PRO
    WeShipFloors
    3 years ago

Tasha,

Who is your builder?

Alan

1-844-356-6711

• Janet Jenkins
    3 years ago

I FINALLY! got my SuperCore French Oak is installed in my Master Bathroom and closets now, and it's flowing throughout my downstairs. The floors are beautiful, such a remarkable improvement moving from the 3 different types of flooring downstairs to just the one throughout. I will also have SuperCore installed in the upstairs hallway. I plan to post pictures very soon!

• Dee Gee
    3 years ago

I am looking forward to seeing your pics

• Laura K
    3 years ago

Anyone have any recommendations of installers near Tampa/Bradenton FL?

• Gina-Marie Clark
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

We did it! We installed Supercore in our second home and this new click lock system is amazing!!! After installing a couple thousand sqft in our other house I feel like we are pros now but this system made it even easier❤️ All my nerves about going lighter are out the door after getting Ivory Tower installed. I love it so much!!!

• Mark
    3 years ago

Looks nice! Your floor has the new valinge 5G click lock system?

• cdmoods
    3 years ago

Has anyone had a SUPERCore floor installed in a bathroom and then had the toilet over flow. That is my main hang up with installing it in a bathroom. With having to leave expansion gaps around the toilet what do you do if that water gets under the floor?

• PRO
    WeShipFloors
    3 years ago

cdmoods,

What floor could you install where water wouldn't get underneath if your toilet overflows?

Alan

• Anita Hile
    2 years ago

Supercore - other than thickness, what is the benefit to 8mm over the 6mm? I like the colors in the 6mm better, but I like the heftiness and more pronounced grain of the 8. Appreciate any guidance as we are looking to potentially floor 3k+ feet of our new build. Thanks!

• Elle Evanston
    2 years ago

Anita,

Some folks are sold on the perception that thicker is better, but in the case of 6 vs 8mm, there would be no performance difference. A majority of our colors are 6mm, we find that is the sweet spot for best price and performance. Those that are removing old 8mm laminate material find the 8mm works well when fitting the new floor to precut door jams and baseboard heights. If you would like to book a consult to learn more about Supercore, please reach out to zoe@weshipfloors.com to schedule a time to talk.

• Rosa Harris
    2 years ago

Not sure I'd I double posted

Wild Acacia extreme Supercore

I have been looking for LVP for a few years. Brought home many samples and did all kinds of wear test. I did not want any transition strips. Then I discovered Flooret and Weshipfloors supercore. After many samples. I decided on Supercore Extreme. Bought a sample of Acacia put 10 pieces down in front of kitchen door for 1 year testing I really liked the color. But it had painted bevels. I did not want bevels. Finally checked back on website and they now have Wild Acacia. I recieved a sample and fell in love with the color. I installed the flooring myself (I still have not finished with shoe mold everywhere) it has been down for 3 months now. I love it. I have put all proper pads under furniture and heavy appliances to avoid dents and scratches. I attached canvas under all throw rugs instead of other type of rug pads. I needed a floor to stand up to me. I also have 1 cat and 24 grandchildren. We have taken care of a puppy for a few weeks. I love my floors.

• PRO
    WeShipFloors
    2 years ago

It looks great!

Alan

• realestateproject27
    2 years ago

Hey Alan, I was playing around with the new room visualizer you have on your website,...

I really like how it works and how I can use my photos to plug in the different Supercore colors you have. Absolutely genius, kudos!!

• Steven Tucker
    2 years ago

@Gina-Marie Clark I realize this is a very old comment and thread... but I would love to see more close up photos of your Supercore Ivory Tower.. We are trying to pick out floor for our new house and ivory tower is on the list. thank you in advance

• PRO
    WeShipFloors
    2 years ago

realestate,

The visualizer is supercool.

Alan

• Jamie Pace
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Finally, photos of my SuperCore Elkhorn floors in my Granny Flat. I absolutely love them. They’re super easy to clean with a quick vacuuming and a microfiber mop with Bona for tile and laminate flooring.

• Kath
    2 years ago

Has anyone installed over cement, if so is it loud to walk on , does it echo in the room?

• seekingflooring
    2 years ago

Kath

That is what Supercore is designed for, I just installed 1000sf in my basement reno and it is quiet to walk on. It has the muffling pad attached to it to add a little cushion underfoot while making it feel like a solid stable floor. There is absolutely no hollow sound. I chose the lighter tones of the Oyster since I have a daylight basement with few windows.

• recordaras
    2 years ago

We have Supercore on a concrete slab and the only thing that’s loud is dog claws klop-klopping on it! That really is quite noisy, otherwise absolutely no complaints about the sound.

• seekingflooring
    2 years ago

I have had my dogs on other floors, Supercore is not louder than those! :)

• Gina-Marie Clark
    2 years ago

@steven tucker it just gave me a notification for your comment. Here are some closer ups of Ivory Tower. I will say this isnt showing as much but there is a semi pink undertone to this flooring.

• cbird02
    2 years ago

I would like to get feedback on the Supercore Basics line. I am looking at Solitude for around 1,000 sf. I have an old wood subfloor that I am going to need to do a lot of leveling on. Where do you draw the line for telling someone that a 4.5mm floor is not for them? I know I only get a 12mil wear layer, but the fact that it is still Aluminum Oxide and has a stone composite core makes me feel it will be ok. Is there any difference in the locking system? The lock does not seem as hefty on the samples for the basics line. I get concerned that with an old pier and beam supported floor that has settled, even if I level the floor, will the less hardy locking system fail if I get slight movement with any further settling?