SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeremy_cox38

Nitrogen deficient lower leaves on Meyer Lemon

Jeremy Cox
6 years ago

I've had a Meyer Lemon in my indoor garden for 3 weeks, under 12 T5 bulbs. Although the plant looks overall really healthy, a dozen or so of the lower leaves are showing a pretty significant nitrogen deficiency. Im new to citrus so I'm unsure how significant this is. I do believe its getting significantly more light now than it was in the nursery, so it could just be that its trying to find as much nitrogen as possible while speeding up its metabolism. I've been feeding it with a slightly nitrogen heavy 6-4-4 organic fertilizer at around 800ppm ever watering. The runoff ph looks good at around 6.2. I've been watering every 3rd day. Because the floor of my sunroom gets a bit cold this time of the year, I have the plastic pot sitting on an 18 watt seedling heating pad to help prevent any rot issues. The yellowed leaves do not readily fall off like i'd expect from an overwatered plant, but i guess it is possible that I'm over watering. The entire plant was covered in blooms when i purchased it, and now has a few hundred tiny little fruit. They're not falling off or showing any signs of disease

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!