SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristel_quintana

40" cabinets with no finishing or 30" and crown ??? (IKEA)

Kristel Quintana
6 years ago

I just love tall cabinets and I really want the space but my ceiling is exactly 8ft. After the flooring and cabinet install and a scant 1.5 inches to level the wall cabinets - I'll be lucky if I'm left with 18" of counter space. My current kitchen has 20" and I really like it because I'm tall. My old 30" cabinets are framed so I lose several inches all the way around. If I use IKEA's 30" cabinets + the 2.5" inch light rail I'll have 32.5" cabinets that look visually taller and will have more space because they are frameless. I'm not sure I'm going to be happy with 7.5 inches of crown. If I go with the 40 they will be almost flush with the ceiling and more than likely no trim. I also cannot have a light bar/deco strip unless I want a lot less cabinet height. I can live without the lights but I'm fretting. I'm buying the cabinets this weekend and once it's done it's done. Here are some pictures of my kitchen with 30 and 40 inch cabinets. Pardon the 'faux' crown. IKEA's planner doesn't have it so I had to modify some of their ceiling 'objects'. Would appreciate any thoughts/inspiration. I'm going for a farmhouse look.

going for a farmhouse look.

Comments (27)