SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

How to bake 500 cookies in 5 hours!

annie1992
6 years ago

I baked cookies for a local benefit Friday night, 500 of them! I made all the dough ahead of time, scooped them out into balls and froze them on sheet pans. When time to bake came I simply put them on parchment on the pans and baked them. I used both of my double ovens plus the oven in the Detroit Jewel and managed to get them done in five hours, I was impressed with myself, LOL.

I made 20 dozen chocolate chip:

12 dozen oatmeal scotchies:

9 dozen cinnamon snaps. I like these the best, they are vaguely reminiscent of the "windmill cookies" Grandma used to buy occasionally.

I packaged them all into disposable aluminum trays, 4 dozen per tray except the cinnamon snaps, they were flatter and I managed to get 4 1/2 dozen in those. With a few "stray" cookies, I actually had 502 cookies, so I had to eat a couple with coffee, finding just enough room to set my cup because the table was full of cookies, LOL.

We managed to feed over 600 people spaghetti with sauce, salad and garlic bread, with coffee, lemonade, water and cookies for dessert. There were just about a dozen of the oatmeal left to bring home, but I should have made more chocolate chip, I think they would have still been eaten if there had been more, we ran out with still 30 minutes of serving left.

Annie

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz