SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susi75

I need vaginal dryness symptoms advice / experience

susi75
6 years ago

I am 42 and something is going on with my body. We (my PCM and I) think it might be perimenopause related.

Some of the things going on don't really bother me, like warm burning sensation from my chest up that comes and goes and I am also ok with my bodies thermostat definitely not functioning. As in --- I am kind of warm when everyone else is freezing in the house or visa versa. I can live with that.

What I can't and refuse to live with is the vaginal burning! OMG!

Everything was fine until my husband had to go overseas for a few month. Didn't have any sexual intercourse from July - November. When I did have intercourse I started this burning sensation on/in my vagina. We ruled out everything by now as far as STD, Yeast, BV. Although, they did treat for BV, but this cleared up. The burning stayed. We tested for everything two more times after that. Everything came back negative. No discharge or smell or anything. Just burning and on rare occasion (when it's not really burning) more like a tingling/itchy sensation.

The only thing that confuses me, the burning will slowly go away about a week before I start my period. Then I will have my period and things are fine. Not 100%, but definitely 95% better. During that time even the redness inflammation goes away. After my period ends it seems to start up again.

I just stopped my last period 3 days ago, and yesterday I experienced some itch/tingling sensation and very minor burning. So I am expecting it to only get worse from here until a week before my next period. Hubby is away for now, so no sexual activity. I am honestly scared to even touch down there. I just leave her alone!

I have been put on premarin cream twice a week and started it on Jan 9. My PCM said it will take several weeks to show any improvement if it will help. I also started taking evening primrose, but that should also take a few weeks.

I guess my question is --- could it really be vaginal dryness due to menopause? Does it make sense that it would burn even without sex? Does it make sense that it would stop around the time of my period? How long will premarin take to work? So many questions. I would just love to hear someone say: This is perfectly normal! --- At this point I am thinking I have an undiscovered new vaginal disease! My PCM said to wait for a few weeks and then to come see her and we go from there.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County