SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alyssa_ago

New Home, New Grey Paint - but it looks BLUE

Alyssa
6 years ago

Hi y’all,

My boyfriend and I recently bought a townhouse, and the previous owners had a horrible beige/yellow color throughout the home. Our first order of business was to paint the walls, and we chose a grey that we thought was in the middle of the spectrum (not a blue, not a yellow, nor a purple hue). The color apparently was nothing like we thought, so my boyfriend and the painter chose another grey that was in the middle of the chart.

We tested the grey on the walls with the painter, and decided that it looked nice. I know they say once you see it finished the color looks different, but boy they weren't kidding! When I walked in last night to look at the paint color, it looked like a powder blue and a navy. My boyfriend loved the paint (as he chose the colors) so I didn’t want to say anything at the time, and figured it may be different when our furniture comes in. Our friend came by later on that night, and said he loved the blue walls and my heart sank. I'm not a fan of the dark dining room wall, and I feel like that color makes it very blue throughout.

There’s nothing in the rooms yet, as we haven’t moved in, but we've already made big purchases furniture wise and I hope that it makes the walls look more grey.

I was hoping to get some advice on what to do to make it look less BLUE.

HELP :(

Comments (30)