SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michellek3b

Carrera marble and mildew grout....Help!!

michellek3b
6 years ago
We have a gorgeous carrera marble master bathroom in the new house we just bought. The marble is everywhere...the floors, countertop, shower walls and tiled in a herringbone pattern on the floor. It's one of the reasons we bought the house, it's so pretty.

I hate it now! The grout is getting pinky mildew all over. Some mildew spots on the grout are turning black! I'm paranoid about using anything harsh or acidic on it, per all my research. I have basically used a Norwex cloth or Dawn dish soap and a toothbrush to clean the shower since we moved in which as you can imagine, is not disinfecting or helping with the discoloration of the grout at all. The shower grout is screaming for a good "bleach scrubbing" but I can't do that!

I read you could use a small paste of baking soda on the grout but not to get any on the tile. How would that work?! That seems impossible. I'm so scared I will etch or ruin this expensive marble.

Please help! Surely we are not the only ones with this issue! My husband and I are convinced the previous owners moved because of the high maintenance master bath.. lol now I know I would never install a carrera marble shower!! Argh!

Comments (4)