SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnyfr042

Epoxy grout color (help) with LARGE marble 'look' tiles?..

sunnyfr042
12 years ago

Hi, I have been lurking and searching for a similar answer but all of the posts I've found deal with white vs. gray grout for subway or square marble tiles.

I have to decide in a matter of 12 hours which grout color to use. Using Spectralock Epoxy grout on 12 x 24 polished porcelain tiles with a marble look, with 1/16th spacing. It's mostly off-white with medium gray veining; not too busy pattern, with large areas of white color. This same tile will be on our floors and shower surround, so we need to like the grout choice! :)

I have samples of: 18 Sauterne, 90 Light Pewter, and 89 Smoke Grey. The store did not carry 'SIlver Shadow' as I have read here in several posts. I am wondering if Smoke Gray is going to be too dark. Sauterne is very light, almost cream. Light Pewter looks tan, but I want to emphasize the gray in the tiles, not the tan. I understand why subway tiles would want to emphasize the grout lines, but in a larger format tile like I'm using, will the noticeable lines just distract? I also didn't know if the epoxy would look different, or if the polished surface of the porcelain mattered since the pics I've seen posted on here are of actual marble with gray grout (and the marble is obviously not as shiny as my porcelain).

Any help or suggestions? The store did not have an 'exact' grout match of the off-white background of my tile color, so that is not an option. I appreciate any help!!!

You can see the 3 colors here: http://www.grout-aide.com/colors2.html

Comments (13)