SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
straitlover

Are 5000K LED lights too bright for the batroom?

straitlover
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Not sure if I should post here or Bathrooms, so move if necessary!

In my condo, I have two bathrooms. The vanity area s are connected to the bedroom (no door), but they do get some light from the bedroom windows. They have recessed lights. I ordered some retrofit LED lights for the kitchen that the box says 3000K warm white (what I wanted) but the lights in the box are actually 5000K daylight (marked as so).

I was going to just contact Amazon to return, but if I can use them in the bathrooms I will keep them (they were a warehouse deal). I was eventually going to order some for the bathroom anyway. I do realize that I would need to install dimmer switches, but I was thinking having the brighter light when applying makeup would be helpful, or would it make the colors weird and I come out looking like a clown??? :)

So, do you think 5000K will be OK, or should I return them?

Here are a couple of bad photos of one area, one showing the current light (lights on, you only see one light, there are two) and the other shows how the are is connected to the bedroom. These are as small as I could get them. Ignore everything else; the only thing we have done in here so far is remove the wallpaper. TIA!

Comments (7)