SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sammy1061

Identifying Good Quality Furniture (couches & chairs)

Liz Lemon
6 years ago

Hi everyone,

I just asked about where (in Canada) to look for furniture, now I'm wondering what to look for and what to ask in terms of make and material. We're going to start looking for a pair of couches and a pair of comfortable accent chairs. We won't be buying until we're in our new home and get to know the space but we plan to purchase pieces that will last ideally 10+ years and we're willing to pay more for quality. I'm thinking leather couches, so I'm wondering what I should look for in terms of construction and material? For the chairs we're more flexible but will likely do something other than leather. Do you have fabric recommendations, especially with kids? They won't be eating or jumping on the furniture if it's the last thing I do but kids are kids and I have to prepare for potential misadventures so something with extra stain resistance would be ideal. I want to go shopping knowing what I should be asking and looking for, I don't want to unwittingly be talked into something sub par. Any insights you can share will be greatly appreciated.

Sam

Comment (1)