SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
herkfe

What should I expect to spend to get good quality furniture?

herkfe
10 years ago

I am in the process of furnishing a couple rooms in my new home. I have some furniture of varying levels of quality from a $500 sofa to a Mid Range Broyhill queen bdrm set with 1 nightstand and 1 dresser that cost me around $3K.

I am currently looking to buy a King Bedroom set with 2 night stands, dresser, and media chest. And a living room sectional.

I have found a couple bedrooms at havertys I liked and a couple of bed sets from universals pennsylvania house collection. I have also priced a broyhill and craftmaster custom sectional. The sales associate at Havertys mentioned a 100% acrylic fabric option for their sofas that is supposedly very durable and stain resistant. Any thoughts on this?

The bedroom sets are running around $5.5K and the Sectionals are pricing anywhere from $2-3K depending on the number of pieces.

The bedrooms sets I am narrowed down to at the moment are Havertys Bayhall collection made by Benrhardt and the Pennsylvania House New Lou Collection.

The Sectionals were the custom selections from both craftmaster and broyhill. The sales associate at Havertys mentioned a 100% acrylic fabric option for their sofas made by bayhau that is supposedly very durable and stain resistant. Any thoughts on this?

What can I expect in the way of life and durability from these sets? How much more would I need to spend to get something better? Where is the line of diminishing returns on this stuff in regards to the cost to quality and durability ratio?

Comments (12)