SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kduree

Help with new galley kitchen layout

Karen
6 years ago

We're getting a new house and planning to completely redo the kitchen. I'm in the kitchen cooking and baking all the time so I need prep areas and love the idea of an appliance garage to store my mixer and food processor. Already thinking of things like drawers for all the bottom cabinets and a seating area in front of the window. We are removing the exterior door and was thinking that corner could be a good spot for a walk-in pantry. No walls will be removed but we can add them. Included is the blank room with locations of appliances (don't have to stay in current locations but hubby is doing the work and requested they stay nearby) and the layout we've thought about (hard to show in the floorplan but we'd have base and wall cabinets where the counter tops are shown). Top collage is current kitchen and others are inspiration pics. One dilemma is the seating area against the window - built-in bench with table, or bar height peninsula with seating on the opposite side? I'm thinking the kids would have breakfast there but main meals will be in the dining room.

Comments (3)