SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sammy1061

Attention Canadians: Furniture shopping Toronto area

Liz Lemon
6 years ago

My husband and I will soon be on the hunt for 2 new sofas, several arm chairs, dining chairs and perhaps some other items. I'm trying to figure out how to describe our style: I'd say modern farmhouse but I think that might tick people off haha. I guess traditional/french country/ farmhouse (sorry I'm not the best with design lingo) I love the tufted look with rolled arms and louis style chairs. I'd say we're in the mid to upper-mid range price wise. We're comfortable with the pricing at somewhere like La Z Boy or Stoneycreek Furniture but I obviously want to shop around to find the best options for us. We're leaning towards leather for our sofas for durability with 2 young kids. So my question is, where should we visit to find quality furniture at a reasonable price? We'll go anywhere in the GTA and north a bit as well. I just don't feel particularly knowledgeable about where to look and I'd love to hear from people with experience buying the area. I should say that Restoration Hardware and Pottery Barn are definitely my style but I feel like the pricing is ridiculous, especially in Canada. Oh and if you have any suggestions for lighting retailers I'd appreciate that as well.

Looking forward to your ideas!

Sam

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert