SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jb66062

Expanding my culinary palette – Butter Chicken

Jennifer_in_KS
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I consider myself an adventurous eater – compared to my DH & friends. Basically that means I’m on my own when it comes to trying new foods. I would like to make certain dishes at home but I don’t have the right spices and am not inclined to buy them for an experimental dish.

I ran across some meal kits at the grocery story – Marion’s Kitchen Cooking Kits. I picked up her Butter Chicken and let me tell you, it was flat out delicious. I’ve never had Butter Chicken and am not sure what it’s supposed to taste like but I will be making it again.

The kit was very easy. It came with 3 pouches - 1 marinade/paste, 1 tomato puree and 1 whole spices. You need to add your own cream/milk, onion and butter. It wasn’t spicy…more along the lines of deep, intense flavors. I could taste the cinnamon, which I normally don’t care for in savory dishes, but it was so balanced by everything else it really worked. Next time I will break open one of the red chili peppers that came in the spice packet and use 2lbs of chicken instead of 1.5 lbs. I served it with jasmine rice and roasted sugar snap peas.

If you get a chance to buy Marion’s Butter Chicken kit I would highly recommend it. Next I am going to try her Green Curry and Red Curry.

Comments (19)