SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
airillusion

Scottish Country Style Questions

Airillusion
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

1. So I fell in love with the Hotel du Vin in Edinburgh during our holiday there and loved that our room paired tartan with paisley wallpaper and shades. Unfortunately, we don't have a lot of money for decorating (hundreds not thousands) so big changes like furniture and roman shades are out but I'm trying to find a paisley upholstery fabric to go with our chosen plaid, blackwatch plaid. I want to make drapes and cornices for my bedroom and later use it to reupholster a chair. I'm also looking for a matching paisley wallpaper so I can make panels to go behind the bed (I can't actually put wall paper up in my house). I'm attaching my terrible pictures of my room in Edinburgh to give you an idea, as well as the blackwatch plaid.

2. I'm also trying to add some faux floral into my decor and am wondering what types of plants they would have had in Scottish manors. I know that with English manors there were lots of fresh cut roses and boxwood plants but what else? I would love some suggestions of what plants would give off that English or Scottish feel.

Comments (10)