SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
4sandes

Builder said he could build plan, started - but now is stumped.

Linda Sands
6 years ago

Bought architectural plans from company A, modified them with company B and showed them to the builder who we bought from. He said he could make it happen. We want to build a contemporary house in the Blue Ridge Mountains.of GA. Builder does cabins. The lot is cleared, well, septic, electric and foundation are all in. Had to hire another architect to draw more detailed interior plans, and make things clear regarding lower level plumbing. That's done. No interior walls were moved. But. Now, truss builder says he can't input the plans into his program, and the builder confesses he feels "lost." He commented, that I might need to have someone who can be on site the whole time, I guess he doesn't trust his framing crew to read the plans and adjust elevations? I don't know what to do. Hire a whole new builder? Hire an engineer? Hire a GC with experience building contemporary homes? Find a smarter truss builder? Any advice is appreciated. Would need to find someone quickly as windows and doors are ordered and being manufactured. ( GA, TN, NC area) Thank you.

Comments (19)