SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pamghatten

Cat not well, tests all OK - any ideas?

pamghatten
6 years ago

Yes, we've been to the vet twice so far ... and we're scheduled to go back later this week.

13.5 year old male cat (neutered) Bailey, hasn't been eating much, lost 1.5 lbs. since August (he's down to 15.5 lbs., he was always a big boy), drinking water and using the litter box. Threw up pieces of intact kibble, which is when I first took him to the vet.

They have run numerous tests; urine, blood ... all tests came back within the normal range, kidneys, liver, diabetes, thyroid ... all OK.

He will eat 5 treats in the morning, if I give him 6, he only eats 5. I've been trying to get him to eat the soft canned cat food instead of kibble ... he licks some of the juice off and walks away. When I get home tonight, I'm going to make him a slurry of wet cat food ... add lots of water so it's almost liquid, and see how that goes.

My vet is on vacation, but has other vets covering for him ... I was told Saturday AM that the last test we did, thyroid, came back normal ... and to try an tempt him with food.

The next thing they say we should do is an x-ray to see if there is a mass.

He follows me around in the morning, like he's always done ... and comes to sit on lap at night, like usual. Sleeps most the day .. that's pretty normal too ....

Just wondering if this rings a bell with anyone ... any similar experiences.

We will do x-rays later this week.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting