SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carriebor

Bedroom (furniture) Layout

Carrie B
6 years ago

Well, you know how it goes - a fresh coat of paint & now everything else looks shabby.

Please ignore the largely unmade bed, the piles of painting supplies, the art not re-hung, the bedding colors, etc., the photos are just to give you a sense of the space. I've posted a to-scale drawing of the room. Each square of the graph represents 6". The bathroom walls are 3/4 height.

I painted the entire room over the last couple of days, and was going to re-hang all the art, but decided to hold off as until I'm sure the furniture is going back where it was - or not. I'm planning to replace the curtains, and get rid of/move the bookshelves. All else is up for consideration, but, for now, I want to get bed placement figured out.

Pennydesign suggested perhaps moving the bed so that the head is on the (larger) bump out. I was initially resistant, but am now considering it as an option - it might improve the room's flow. What do you think? This is the 3rd floor of a 3-story old rowhome in Philadelphia.

My bed is a queen: approximately 5x7.5 with the frame.

Here's the drawing:

Comments (18)