SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stjoyce2

Sterling Water Softeners - Ever heard of them?

Scotty J
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I've been shopping around for a water softener for the last three weeks and have received quotes from local plumbers/companies that range anywhere from $900-$6000 for installation. I have gained some insight from numerous posts on here and feel the Fleck 5600sxt is a popular choice (and recommendation) among discussions. Unfortunately, I haven't found a plumber in my area who installs them, so my only option would be to buy it through Amazon (for around $500-600) and pay another $600 for the Amazon Home Services to install -- unless someone else has a recommendation.

One of those quotes, though, came from a company who will install a Sterling 48,000 grain water softener for $1320. By the way, it's a new construction home and the builder plumbed already for a water softener to be installed in the basement. Anyway, I can't find anything regarding the Sterling brand of water softeners, other than their website, and it appears to never have been mentioned before in any discussion in this forum.

Does anyone have any knowledge of them and/or their quality?

Other Quotes:

Culligan Medallist Plus 10" - $895

Autotrol (not sure of model) - $1200

Sterling NES Series - $1320

Culligan Medallist - $2400 (from a different Culligan Rep in a different area but who said will service my home)

Culligan Gold - $2500

Culligan HE - $2700

Kinetico 4040s OD - $2995 ---> This forum seems to have a pretty decent opinion about Kinetico, the company and product that is, not the price.

Hague- $3300

Rainsoft - $6000

Halo 5 System - $6500

4 Bedroom, 3 bathroom house. Currently it's just my wife and I, no children. No idea how much our water usage is just yet.

Any and ALL help/advice/recommendation is greatly appreciated!

Water Quality Data Report for my City: (picture attached)

--> Clerk at Water Dept. told me the hardness is 30gpg. I asked because I didn't see it specifically stated in the report. Only two Reps from the companies listed above actually measured the hardness of my water and one of them reported 31gpg while the other, I believe, measured 26gpg.

Comments (15)