SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
merlena87

Floribunda/Shrub roses 2017

Sara-Ann Z6B OK
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

2017 wasn’t the greatest season for me, but there were some Floribunda/Shrub type roses that looked very promising in 2017.

Two of my favorite floribundas, two Sunsprite bushes and one Belinda’s Dream were terrible in 2017, I have already ordered replacements. I do think the problem with them is weather related, because up to that point they did great through four seasons. I am wondering if rose bushes just wear out sometimes? We have such extreme weather conditions here, that makes sense to me that it could be a possibility!

CRAZY LOVE - This Kordes rose got shipped to me by mistake, and it did very good in its first season. The bush is very vigorous and repeats quickly. Not a bad rose to get by mistake!

ORCHID ROMANCE - This one does very good for me, fourth season, totally blackspot free, wonderful fragrance.

My third season for POSEIDON. In the first year it got a difficult start and really only bloomed late that year. In 2016 it really took off and in 2017 did great! I think it would have done even better if we hadn’t had so much rain during the bloom season.

EASY DOES IT - I think this rose is such a pretty color, it repeats good and I hope it continues to improve, love it so far. Second season.

The first season for PLUM PERFECT, another Kordes was fantastic, this one appears to be a real winner!

JULIA CHILD started doing good late in the season. I really hope this one will one day be a more consistently good rose for me, I really do like it.

OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE - Fourth season for this one, did fantastic in 2016, but not that great in 2017, but put on some new growth and bloomed more later on, pulling for it do do much better in ‘18.

ZAIDE - This one got a slow start but got quite a bit bigger by the end if the season, charming blooms.

SUMMER ROMANCE - This one was a disappointment! The bush is healthy, but it barely bloomed and most of the few blooms it did have turned brown and shriveled up. I hope this year it does better.

Comments (22)