SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missi_rogge

Kitchen layout help me make it nice

Missi (4b IA)
6 years ago

So this is our current kitchen/dining area-sketch I did w/measurements and I know nothing is proper, that 3' things are drawn longer that 11' things. I'll add pictures of what things for real look like as well.

The "plan" so far is to replace the linoleum w/Adura Max or Max Prime. The ceiling fans are coming down. The stained cabinets are call coming out. The original plan was to sand them down, paint, and put them back up in place of the original cabinets that are currently painted-but I *really* don't want them. I'm fine w/keeping them and putting them in the pantry or in the basement, but not for the kitchen. However, the area where the microwave is, there would be cabinets and counter etc going there still,

The bump out part by the dishwasher is our daughters closet. I've talked w/him about taking it out but he's not keen. The stove is not in a position I care for-trying to keep that wall clean is vexing me, so we've discussed moving it over so there's two small cabinets on either side. There is a small ledge next to the fridge in the doorway to the living room, that will be taken out so the door way will be straight down there.

In one of the pictures there's a green door-that door leads out to part of what was the attached garage. That door will be coming out, and that space (about 11x7 or so-the rest of it is my husband's snare shop) will be the pantry, so I'm not losing any storage, in fact gaining quite a bit. The plan there is to move the washer/dryer up from the basement. If it's going to turn into some sort of cluster trying to hook up the water, they won't come up, and instead they will look at maybe removing that wall (where the large amount of stained cabinets are) and extending it back to where the original exterior garage wall was-I'll still have a pantry, just not as large, and the dining area would be about 4' larger.

Some pictures there's wallpaper and some not, I spent the last couple days removing it and clearing out cupboards.

What I want is white/off white-ish cabinets on top, stained on the bottom. Either I'll keep the paneling that's on the bottom of the walls and repaint it or we'll put up beadboard there instead and I'll paint that. I have a whole mess of blue and white Swedish Mors Dag plaes that I want to put on the walls. I got them from my gramma before she passed away, and they were always out on their enclosed porch on the farm. I have pictures of the kinds of paint colors and wood colors I like if that is helpful.

It's not letting me add some of the pictures so let me try from my phone.

Comments (74)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH