SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rivermoth

Please help! How would you design exterior?

rivermoth
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello!

We are needing to get the final drawings done soon for our home remodel/addition, and I can't decide how the exterior should look. Can anyone help?

We will be adding 14 feet to the right side of the house (main floor and basement). Do you think the right side addition should be a gable to match the left side, or should we just extend the porch? The front door will move to the right and will be centered with the two gables if we go that way. Dormer above the door or not? Any other ideas are very welcome!!

The large tree in front of the house has been removed, and the electric pole in front of the garage will be removed soon. We're also planning to change to two garage doors and hopefully take away some of the concrete driveway.

Our home sits on a steep wooded lot overlooking a small river in the back, so we like the forest cottage look. I like board and batten siding, and wavy cedar siding, and colors that will blend with nature.

I'm feeling overwhelmed with the exterior decisions and hope that someone can help...

Thank you!!

Comments (8)