SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
veggiemar

Help with falling over snake plant

Hi all! This is my first time on the sansevieria thread. I'm having trouble with a large snake plant I have.

About 3 weeks ago I noticed a few of the leaves were yellow and rotting around the stem, so I took it out of the pot, and sure enough, it had rotting roots. I had had it in regular old potting soil at that point, then read that these guys are succulents, so I trimmed the rotten roots and rhizomes, and repotted it in Black & Gold Cacti and Succulent mix (which I really like for my other succulents).

However, ever since repotting, the shoots keep falling over. Like, to the point that they completely upheave out of the pot. I have tried staking them to assist in keeping them steady until they grow longer roots, but one in particular keeps falling down. I thought it was stable by now and just lifted the pot (I'm moving so I HAVE to move the pot), and over it went again. Now I can also see that the roots this guy had have dried up and fallen off of the plant. What's going on?

I last watered when I repotted 2-3 weeks ago, and the soil still feels ever so slightly damp about two inches down. The pot has been sitting about 12 feet away from bright southern exposure. The room I am moving to has two bright east-facing windows.

Comments (4)