SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robin98

Deformed red-edged peperomia leaves

6 years ago

Any ideas why these new leaves are coming out crinkled? They’re not straightening out as they mature and firm up, they’re staying deformed. It’s not all of them, some are ok.

In the picture above there are two distorted leaves on the left and one small one deep in the plant, but also a normal new leaf at the top right. The cut in the big leaf was there when I got it. I’ve also had a couple leaves last month develop without normal tips - on the right in the first photo below and in the center of the last one.

What could be causing this? Owned several months, it’s still in its original small plastic pot in a bark mix that seems to drain well. Could be congested. Plan to repot soon (it’s summer here).

Watered infrequently, only when it’s been quite dry for a while, mainly going by pot weight. Watered thoroughly so it’s flushed through when it is watered. Dilute Dynagro FP about every second watering.

It’s in an east facing window and gets direct sun for an hour or so at sunrise. I found one mealy bug when I first had it a few months ago and sprayed with a systemic insecticide. The newly forming leaves at that time came out very distorted which I assumed was due to the spray, but now I’m thinking maybe not.

Any suggestions as to where I’m going wrong appreciated!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting