SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
numbersjunkie

Need help with Paint Color for Bedroom

numbersjunkie
6 years ago

We're starting a major master bath remodel soon which will involve moving the bathroom door and adding a new door to my closet on the same wall of the bedroom. After the bath remodel is complete, I want to replace all of the carpet on the second floor, and thinking of using a beige/neutral color like we have now for all of the bedrooms and the hallway.

I really want to pick a paint color for the bedroom so I can at least paint the one wall that will be modified before door trim goes on. We have rosewood bedroom furniture, and the house has all wood stained trim (see left side of first picture). We are planning to replace the interior doors (now cheap luan) with fir single panel doors which should blend well with the existing trim color. Not sure if we will stain them or just seal.

I need help picking a paint color that will work with these elements. Here are pics of the furniture, which is quite dramatic. The wood color ranges between dark red and orange, mixed with dark grain that is almost black on some pieces.

Comments (7)