SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robdbeal

I've been bit

Robdb8
6 years ago

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and although I've always had an affinity for snake plants, I didn't get my thumb green enough until recently to know how to take care of them. I acquired the typical Sans. trifasciata (yellow side ribs, dark green/light green stripes in the middle (Laurentii maybe?)) from a relative that worked at Lowes and it was being thrown out. That parent is the worst looking part of the plant now but it's still happy and producing more. Anyway, I recently bought myself what I think is a Moonshine because I've been obsessed with different varieties that I've seen online. I started to research different varieties only to find that there are over 130 kinds. *Enter new obsession/hobby* My main question is how do you guys come across the different types, I'm a little hesitant to buy plants online for fear of them showing up with little to no life left in them. I know that occasionally I see a different kind at Lowes/Home Depot and it's all I have to not buy them immediately. Regardless, I'm a Sans lover for life.

Comments (4)