SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whineconnoiseur

AGA Elise or Mercury? --and related induction / appliance questions

Marci
6 years ago

First off, does anyone have an Elise or Mercury, or can point me to reviews? Great styling!

I've had an Electrolux (Icon maybe?) induction cooktop, 30" for about 10 years. I absolutely love induction! We are faced with the opportunity for a kitchen remodel due to pretty severe damage from a hurricane this past fall. It's an odd situation because its a huge job we weren't expecting, but since we've already had to move out of our home...

Our remodel would be an addition so all new plumbing, electrical etc. While I love induction, I've found the 30" model cramped when using more than one 12" or larger pan. I've got 3 teenage boys on the horizon and I see my cooking demands growing exponentially!

That said, there isn't a great place to put a wall oven above the counter so I thought I'd go to a range option instead. To increase my cooktop area it looks like my only option is a Wolf, or the Aga in a range style. But, maybe you guys have thoughts about the position of the burners and if they will really address my problem, or if I went with a 36" cooktop and a separate oven below the counter.

Thoughts welcome!

Comments (6)