SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kemi_buluro

Sweet potatoes dying off

Kemi Buluro
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi,

My sweet potato leaves are yellowing, having spots, wilting and dying off. I live in Sydney.

When I planted the sweet potatoes, they are growing very well, like in the first picture.

Later on this problem started: one leaf on one plant got yellow. It was like this for a long time and as it was just one leaf, I didn't think it was something to worry about.

I got worried when a second leaf turned yellow and I started sewing small black ants on the plant coming from the roots of the plant of that leaf.

More and more leaves have yellowed and the whole stalk drooped downwards. I've been treating the affected plants so this (in the other pictures is what my plant is up to now.

I'm a first time gardener so I checked a few remedies online and tried them. Nothing seems to be working. I've sprayed the following on them: canola oil, water solution is dried chilli pepper, water solution of clove oil, tea tree oil and rosemary oil. Nothing seems to working.

So what do I do? Can I save the plant. At least ud like to save the soil so I can still use to pot to plant another batch of sweat potatoes. Please help.

Comment