SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fully2

Share your Christmas decor and your pet(s)

fully2
6 years ago

Our 4 year old German Shepherd, Mia, wishing all a Merry Christmas

Comments (69)

• aok27502
    6 years ago

OMG, 4kids, she's beautiful!! Is she truly a pup? I just want to snuggle her!!

• Related Discussions

'Lying in a manger'...Share your Nativity Christmas Decor

Q

Comments (6)
    They are all sooo lovely! Jeanne I love all of yours but the one you painted has wonderful color and depth...just beautiful. Karen, you know I love yours too. Sandy, I love pewter things too... I use alot of pewter color picture frames and such. How thoughtful of a gift... I have two, a creamy white and gold one from my mom about 13yrs ago.. it is displayed in the master bedroom The second one dd bought for me last year for Christmas is displayed on the mantel with some angels on each side.... I will post a link to my album so you can see the angels on each side. I also have a lighted set outside but no pictures yet...Oh yeah and the thrift store one in my village... Here is a link that might be useful: Christmas 08
    ...See More

'Lying in a manger'...Share your Nativity Christmas Decor

Q

Comments (2)
    Oh, phewie! This is supposed to be on "conversations"...is there a way to move it? Sorry! Jeanne S.
    ...See More

Share your outdoor Christmas Lights/Decor?

Q

Comments (0)
    I would love to see your outdoor christmas lights and decorations.
    ...See More

Share your Christmas decorating

Q

Comments (111)
    It pays to check in on this thread often because there are so many beautiful things I want to comment on but I get so sidetracked when I look at th enext response! You all do great decorating! I have to say though that everytime I see the picture of Whitdobe's dog I get the biggest smile on my face! Jim - fabulous, fabulous, fabulous! JudithinVa - feels like it's been awhile since I've seen you post. Very beautiful. I love the white tree w/ pink ornaments. I just bought a pink tree for DD's room today but seeing your tree I wish I'd maybe have gotten the white one for her room. Her room is white w/ pale pink, grey and a hint of deep berry in her duvet. Hmmmmm.... What to do?! Here is the banner that I made. I made one for my Sister but I used scrapbook paper instead of old newspaper laying around. Hers is shades of pink, red and greens. Some argyle letters, stripes, floral prints, a damask and a circle pattern. Each letter also outlined in red. Her letters are of heavier weight paper so they haven't curled up like mine. I used scraps to make the holly berries & leaves w/ thumbtacks glued on to the backs. No pics of hers yet. Camera battery died and I can't find my charger.
    ...See More
  • glaserberl
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

No cats in this picture. Only the displaced tree skirt with a toy. The skirt only stays in place for 10 minutes or so before one of the 4 darlings messes with it.

• Sueb20
    6 years ago

Simple decor, partly because we have a new puppy...

Santa collection.

Stuck the stockings here while I went to see if we had any command hooks to hang them under the mantel...couldn’t find them so ended up leaving the stockings where they are. Lazy...

• User
    6 years ago

I love all these photos but Sue I squealed at that first puppy photo!!

• jlj48
    6 years ago

• Faron79
    6 years ago

Callie doesn't need no silly "Dog coat"!! ;-)

Faron

• Jenn TheCaLLisComingFromInsideTheHouse
    6 years ago

Oh Christmas tree oh Christmas tree - that’s what I am supposed to be

Dressed in costume by the lady here

Last time I was the reindeer

Oh Christmas tree oh Christmas tree - I hope Santa brings treats for me!

• aok27502
    6 years ago

All the furkids are so sweet. Please keep feeding my pet craving!

Faron, is Callie a samoyed? My friend had one just like yours, and her name was Callie, too. :)

• lucillle
    6 years ago

Here is Mojo. I miss him.

• Faron79
    6 years ago

Aok-

Yep! Callie is a purebred "Sammy"! That's pretty neat!! Our Callie turned 8 this past September, the day B4 MY Birthday. She's such a sweetheart!!! She plays like a Mack Truck, & can really "talk" & growl. At other times, she uses those big brown eyes to get WHATEVER SHE WANTS from her Dad!!!

We got her from a nice breeder in Houston, MN.

I'm doomed..... ;-)

Faron

• smhinnb
    6 years ago

This is my Emma last year. We didn't do any decorating this year as my husband is working and I am going to my sister's in Alberta. Emma is spending Christmas with Gramp & Gramma. :)

• Faron79
    6 years ago

Lol SMH! I'm assuming that's the Dog's chair!!?? Very cozy looking!

Btw....my DW & DD went to Banff last summer! I had to stay home, work, & be with my Callie! Looooooonng drive from Fargo...uffda!

Faron

• smhinnb
    6 years ago

Faron, about any/every chair in the house is the dog's chair. :)

My sister lives closer to Jasper but we are going to do some visiting & sightseeing, and plan to spend some time in Banff and Calgary before making our way to Edmonton for NYE. My hubby will meet up with us there. This will be my first visit to the Rockies in the winter. I took this picture in Banff last summer.... I suspect it will look a bit different this time!

• Kitch4me
    6 years ago

I love all these pics!!!

She's only allowed in the FR and not happy about the hat!

ETA my mantle..

Some of these photos are hilarious!!!

• cattyles
    6 years ago

The late great Daisy Raye.

• User
    6 years ago

Cattyles, did you find a home for those adorable kittens you were fostering?

• Bonnie
    6 years ago

The pets are special, each and every one!

Sue I love the pic of your new puppy. Almost spit out my coffee!

• DYH
    6 years ago

So many cuties -- and lovely decorations!

Brie had just returned from the groomers, wearing a Christmas bandana.

• cattyles
    6 years ago

Cattyles, did you find a home for those adorable kittens you were fostering?

Of course! And they love it here.

• User
    6 years ago

LOL! Good for you!

• cattyles
    6 years ago

I’ll spread the love! Who needs a kitty for Christmas?

• cattyles
    6 years ago

Thank you all for sharing your photos. I’m not up to doing much this year, so I’m enjoying your hard work!

• Ellie RK
    6 years ago

Omg, this thread made my day. Love all the furbaby pics, nothing makes me smile more.

This is one of my bulldogs, Blue. He was quite the unhappy boy since I wouldn't let him too close to the tree..lol..

• Sueb20
    6 years ago

Ooh another bulldog mom! Do you have more than one?

My current collection.

Phoebe (below) passed away 2 years ago at age 12-1/2. Coco (above) is 12-1/2 now. She’s an old lady.

• cattyles
    6 years ago

Tell Blue to come see Aunt Catty for smooches and a cookie!

ETA - sueb you were posting at the same time, omg, your babies are precious.

6 years ago

Bullies always look unhappy, that’s their resting facial expression!

• Ellie RK
    6 years ago

Omg, your "collection" is adorable. I want to add a frenchie too but one of mine is not dog friendly.

This is Wellie- my 4 year old who only gets along with his brother, Blue (different litters though.)

My lazy bums together.

@cattyles - he'd move in with you for a cookie!

@Jen - yep.. it's their "resting b***h face" lol

• Sueb20
    6 years ago

Ellie, I love them!! The Tiffany pic is so funny.

Our Coco isn’t good with other dogs either but somehow is fine with them once they’ve moved in. She and Phoebe used to have occasional ugly fights but Coco has never fought with the frenchies so I think we know who the instigator was.

Sigh, now I want another English...

• gsciencechick
    6 years ago

Finally got a photo of black kitty under the tree. We have a "rescue" tree this year to go with the rescue cats. My department head bought a tree for our office suite but didn't want it left there over the holidays when no one is there, so I took it home with the help of our admin and another staff member who wrapped it all in plastic for me to fit in the Outback. We put it in the kitchen this year. This will make it easy to take back outside and track less needles in the house. The trees were cut so early this year, I don't know how much more is left in it. That's why we didn't put a whole lot of ornaments on it vs. what we usually do.

Christmas morning coffee with little girl kitty on the blanket throw.

• 3katz4me
    6 years ago

Wow gs, your little girl kitty sure does look a lot like mine. Mine has been surprisingly well behaved with the Christmas tree. I put these felt ornaments at the bottom since they aren’t breakable. My MIL made these for us and she was deathly afraid of cats. I thought that was so sweet.

• gsciencechick
    6 years ago

Definitely unbrekables at the bottom! My Island of Misfit Toys collection is near the top. My original Hermey was knocked off and broken by black kitty when he was a kitten. He has mellowed in his old age but can still be full of mischief. DH bought me a replacement back when we were dating.

Yes, your little girl kitty and mine could be twins, and yours is also a flopper I believe. She's tiny, only 7 lbs, but she is loud and very vocal. Too stinkin' cute, though.

• 3katz4me
    6 years ago

Yes, a flopper and mine is small and vocal too. She still sounds like a kitten but loud. Just too cute and loving for me to get very upset with her bad behavior.

6 years ago

Flopper? I scrolled back up to scour the pics because I thought I’d missed one with a rabbit! :)

• cattyles
    6 years ago

I love your tree skirt, gsciencechick.

• gsciencechick
    6 years ago

Thanks. I don't know where that tree skirt is from. DH has always had it, so it either came from MIL or one of her friends who gave him a bunch of Christmas items.

Jenn/Danger, she will flop at your feet when she gets excited. It's so funny because DH will be getting dressed in the morning and she'll just flop for him and you'll hear this thud on the hardwood floor. Now if you pet her, she can turn into the nipper since she can get overstimulated.

6 years ago

I have yet to meet a cat that doesn’t turn to teeth on flesh when overstimulated - it’s what they do! ;) for such small creatures they sure can throw their weight around noisily.

When I say “show me your boobies” my dog instantly flops onto her back - it’s the one ‘trick’ I successfully taught her to do consistently. :p

• mtnrdredux_gw
    6 years ago

We didn't start decorating until the 23rd when we got back from our trip. For the first time ever, I did the unthinkable. I bought a reusable/faux/fake tree! It was an impulse purchase after lunch at Terrain. They have these trees heaped in snow and they looked so pretty with white lights. I really wanted their 10-footers but they would not sell them. They bring them out every year for display. I tried finding the same tree on line but is only avail in Europe. So I went back and bought the floor model, 8ft. Only problem, i could not figure out how to put our ornaments on it. So Saturday night we got a live tree, but could not find our usual 9-10' ...boo hoo.... though it was faster decorating. While we were there i got a free swag for the MBR.

Our faux tree, which I still need to figure out how to decorate.

Our live tree, which the kids complained is way too small, but we were happy to have the wonderful pine scent in the house.

I really like having the pine in the MBR too. Simple but festive.

We were so happy it snowed on Christmas! The pond is almost frozen.

Clementine, like all my teens, does not really want her photo opp.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    6 years ago

My favorite part of "decor" is wrapping presents. Note the conspicuous absence of red (or green much for that matter). My holiday looks more like a wedding or baby shower, LOL. One exception, i tried out the pompom thing from Pinterest and had to use the ones on hand.

A busy afternoon:

Some of my faves; a lot of recycled ribbon. The olive green is from a tux I bought DH at Neiman when we were dating!

Love this wrap from Marshalls, really fun

This was Marshalls' paper too. So pretty but the glitter is everywhere, and it also made it harder for the tape to stick.

Pompom wrap; I bought some new colors and will try this again on b-day presents. DD says its looks like Damien Hirst, LOL.

• gsciencechick
    6 years ago

Love the wrappings, Mtn! I am opposite of you in that I love red.

The kitties would LOVE that pompom wrapper. The fleece balls are some of their favorites.

I'll post the tabletop in the other thread.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    6 years ago

Thanks, GScience

• Oakley
    6 years ago

Mtn, I have a similar wrap being all black with the exact same deer head on it, but the deer is all glitter. It's stunning, but leaves glitter everywhere! My gold ribbon didn't have a deer on it. :(

• Oakley
    6 years ago

I've shown this picture before, but it's the only picture I have with a pet under....I mean in the tree.

Lizzie's first Christmas, and thankfully the tree wasn't fully decorated at the time & she didn't knock any ornaments off.

• gsciencechick
    6 years ago

I saw some beautiful flocked Christmas trees for sale yesterday at a garden center. Even with the after-Christmas discount, they were still pretty expensive, in the neighborhood of $250.

• Ellie RK
    6 years ago

My hubs insists on cutting down a natural tree each year, so we do that. But this year I wanted a flocked tree.

So I bought "Snoflock" on Amazon here and we did it ourselves. Used the entire 5 lb bag and left it in the garage to dry for a week.

Was still messy to decorate but so worth it. Love the way it looks.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    6 years ago

I tried flocking last year, and i liked the look but it was the strangest thing. It was activated by water, and we had to keep misting the tree to fluff out the snow!

I wish our local florists etc offered flocking.

Oakley, that is sooooo cute

• Ellie RK
    6 years ago

yeah, they recommend doing a light mist all over the tree, before misting the flock as it comes out of the colander. It was a two person job for us. One shook the colander, the other misted the flock.

Someone sent me a pic of a place here doing flocked trees at a Christmas tree farm. But I can't imagine the mess it would create getting that thing home. Entire top of the SUV would be full of the stuff..

• mtnrdredux_gw
    6 years ago

So, Ellie, you did not have to re-mist after a few days?

• LynnNM
    6 years ago

I was too crazy busy before Christmas to post any pics, but here are a few:

Our main tree in the living room on Christmas Eve:

Our small Native American tree in another corner:

And, me snuggling with Sasha last night:

• Ellie RK
    6 years ago

No, but I think we used too much water to start with. My husband, genius that he might be, went dense when he decided that the hose would be quicker than a spray bottle. Winded up soaking the tree even with the mist attachment on.

When we went to flock, the tree was soaked but we still misted the flock to activate it.

Next day, the tree was still wet. Think it took a week to dry. But, between the ornaments and flock, it's bent out of shape.

Here's two pics I just took. It's been flocked since 12/3.