SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valerie_iosue

Front door entry right into kitchen..looking for kitchen layout advice

Valerie Iosue
6 years ago
Hi all! I am new to Houzz and not sure how to post, but I’ll give it another whirl. I Just bought a new home (1950s ranch) that we are totaling gutting and remodeling and adding onto. I am regretting every second because the home just will never be what I want it to be. We purchased it for the school system, the land, and a shop in the back for my husband.
My biggest issue right now is the kitchen & front entry. We knocked down a wall (on blueprint: the wall between kitchen and dinette) to open things up, make a bigger kitchen, bigger dining room & expanded on the back with a family room addition. The “existing family room” will become the new dining room with a full wall brick fireplace, and we added on a great room/family room directly behind that, open concept.
I have always wanted a big foyer and entryway to greet guests in, have space for coat rack, bench, etc. I’ve always wanted a big kitchen for entertaining with stools people can hang at.
I’ll include some pictures of the original home blueprint and some kitchen layouts I have now. I just don’t like any of them, and I don’t have a design sense to explain what I am not falling in love with; there are issues with all of them all related to the front door. Any advice is greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance.

Comments (14)