SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aok27502

I could use some no-heating-required lunch ideas

aok27502
6 years ago

My DH has somewhat elevated cholesterol ( partially genetic), so he has started eating a little better. The problem is, he does home repair and is frequently on the road. He was basically eating fast food most weekdays. Not good, so I am trying to adjust to providing lunch for him. One problem is that he usually has no way to reheat anything. Most often he doesn't want to ask the homeowner to use their microwave, unless it's an all-day job.

I picked up a wide-mouth thermos and have sent soup and lasagna and chili. He says it keeps things not hot, but warm enough. He's taken sandwiches, but he's not a big fan. I can do salads, but he also has no refrigeration except a lunch cooler. Fine for this time of year, but not for summer. There are also the no brainers like spaghetti.

Soooo, I could use any other ideas. I would prefer make-ahead, because on any given day I don't know if I'll have leftovers from dinner for him. We're still trying to learn how much food he actually needs, as he's not really a big eater. The soup/chili was not quite enough, needed a sandwich. I've also started including cut up veggies, or an apple, maybe some cookies.

Last thing, we eat vegetarian at home, but he eats meat otherwise, and I'm not opposed to cooking it for him.

Thanks in advance!!

Comments (18)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!