SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
feroxjb06

Article Leather Sofa - Timber Charme Tan

Jason Bryant
6 years ago

I just received my Article Charm Timber Tan sofa today. Just some thoughts so far. The packaging was well done--Came in a giant box of course. It's pretty easy to "assemble" as it's only screwing the wood legs on.

Pros:

1. Couch looks great

2. Great Style

3. Comfortable.

4. Good sized.

Cons:

1. The Leather - Not sure about the quality of the leather as I have not had a full grain leather couch before. I can tell you that I have looked at other full grain couches at other retailers, and it does seem like the Article couch is a little thinner than most of the others.

2. Quality -

a. For a leather sofa that is $3500 ("Sale" price of $1700), I was extremely surprised that the leather material does not completely cover the cushions. The back sides of all the cushions are covered in a very cheap polyester material (Like the material that is on the bottom of a couch). I contacted Article, and they said that the cloth is there to make sure that the cushions do not slide out, however, I feel like this is probably just a way of justifying using less material.

b. Also, the bottom of the couch -- The cloth/polyester material is stapled right into the wood (will add a pic of it tomorrow). This doesn't seem indicative of a higher quality furniture (especially a $3500 couch).

c. One of the legs, the hole for the bolt wasn't completely drilled through and it was difficult getting the bolt through, but it didn't like much and it was only on one of the legs.

When I contacted them today, I told them that I would "sit on it" for a few days while I consider keeping it. They are true to their word on the return aspect... $49 to return--just make sure you keep your box, or their will be a fee added.

Note: I originally posted this on a different thread that was a bunch of different people/reviewers, but I figured I'd start my own thread.

I will say they were very forthright and helpful whenever I contacted about potentially returning the couch. +1 for customer service.

Comments (8)