SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ripsmama

Red Oriental Rug Pairing - suggestions needed for adjacent rugs

ripsmama
6 years ago

Hi! I'm new to decorating and have a design dilemma. I'm finding Houzz helpful but I'm starting to feel like I'm in over my head :( The only "permanent" pieces in our home are oak hardwood floors throughout and a large grey, sectional. We also just purchased a geometric, Oriental/Turkoman rug for our living room. Our latest addition is causing a bit of a conundrum. I'm in love and am unafraid of the decorating challenges I'll face in that room alone. The biggest problem I'm encountering is purchasing rugs for the entry foyer and dining area as all three rugs would be visible at once.

Attached is a sketch: the big ole red guy in the top right corner is the one we just purchased. To the left are possible foyer/hallway rugs, I'm leaning towards a Moroccan or Tribal pattern with blue accents to match the navy on big red -- also has green, yellow/cream, and orange accents. Dining room rug ideas represented in the bottom right corner, thinking a more traditional Oriental design -- possibly with a medallion -- but more muted in color choice. I.e. monochromatic pallet, likely blue but again as long as I pull a color from big red I should be good.. in theory.. idk please send help!

Comments (15)