SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_46777506

11 ft by 21 ft kitchen design layout dilemma

User
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi, we're buying our first home and want to renovate the kitchen that's currently a bit cramped and closed off. Attached is the current kitchen as well as the layout we're currently working with, but I'm concerned the fridge is way too far. However, we have no idea how to make that fridge any closer. The opening on left is to the family room, the opening on bottom is from the foyer. We would like to not move the sliding door or the window to keep costs down. The only wall we'd change/move around is the one leading into the dining room - thinking about either taking down that entire wall with the range and the pantry (next to the current fridge) and opening it up, or making most of that side a half wall with breakfast bar extending into dining room. I really would like to get an island in there, but starting to feel like I have to choose between an island or the fridge in the right spot. We don't need to have a breakfast nook, as we figured we'll just eat in the dining room that would be very open to the kitchen.

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Comments (12)