SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Amanda's favorite gluten free lemon bars got famous (kind of)

annie1992
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

When I still lived in White Cloud, the local paper was only published once a week. I did "guest" columns with recipes, sometimes, when they just needed something to fill space in those slow news weeks. That happened pretty regularly. (grin)

Now our local paper here is published 6 days a week, no Sunday edition, and was recently purchased by Hearst, so they run the syndicated "Amish Cook" column, but occasionally have space they need to fill and so ask that recipes and pictures be submitted, so I sent some gluten free dessert recipes for the holidays. They gave me an entire "Lifestyles" page, both on line and in print, complete with pictures.

http://news.pioneergroup.com/bigrapidsnews/2017/11/21/try-tasty-gluten-free-treats/

The person who contacted me seemed surprised that I had actual recipes, it seems that most newspaper submissions included cake mixes and frozen pies that were "doctored" and she indicated that many people now have dietary restrictions and can't use those items.

Really? I thought of referring her here as we have had so many dicussions about special diets, LOL, but instead offered to send her regular submissions, if she had anything specific in mind.

Annie

Comments (4)