SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamoneigh

Need Help with monstera obliqua

I need advice on how to care for this plant, I got it at Our local home improvement store stashed in the back of the other plants it was labelled philodendron, i searched online & it looks like amonstera obliqua, i'm not sure. it wasn't in the best shape then, had few yellow & brown leaves, green leaves were dry. I had this for about a month, situated about 8 ft away from a huge south window w/ sheer drapes.the 1st 2 wks it was getting better, looking healthier and putting out new growth. It's now looking really bad with lots of yellow leaves, I know I'm not over watering, I water as needed Using the dowel method as adviced in the forum. Last week I moved it closer right next to the S window & it is getting a bit more direct sunlight, that is the only change I can think of other than the weather getting a bit cooler at average high 60's- mid 70's (yes, that is cool for us in Las Vegas NV). It is still in it's original soil & grow pot from the store as I'm not sure fall is the perfect time to re-pot. but by looks of the roots it seems like it badly needs one? Or maybe has nothing to do with that, I don't know, pls help...Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022