SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stacy_parr

Reasonably priced dark blue cabinets

Stacy Parr
6 years ago

We are building a new home. We met with a kitchen design company very early in the process, but now are in the 2 week window for needing to get our cabinet order done. I have chosen to do navy lowers and white uppers. When I met with the KD this week, he basically told me there was no way to fit navy into my budget without drastically slashing some features (no crown molding, no faux panels on the ends, switching to at least some MDF construction, cutting out necessary cabinetry in other areas like the laundry room, doing slab front instead of 5 piece drawers, switching from our plan to do all drawer lowers to doors). Now I'm panicking! The line he quoted me was a Cabico frameless cabinet, and even without any of the features I just listed above we would still be at least 2K over budget.

I'm not really sure what options I have. We have discussed the budget with our builder, who reassured us from the start that it was a "good budget" and his other clients have managed to stay within it by choosing a cheaper cabinet line (Marsh) that doesn't offer a dark blue.

I'm looking into the possibility of using the design center at Lowe's or HD (based on my quick research, Diamond, Kraftmaid, and Thomasville all offer a dark blue color).

Does anyone have any input or advice?

Comments (38)