SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roarahgw

Five doors in a small kitchen any layout help would be appreciated

roarah
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I had initially planned to add onto the back of my house to expand my kitchen and remove the small bath from it but after some life changes I have decided I want to save the expansion expenses and try to work within the existing room size.

Plumbing can move. The tiny shower can be 86'd but I need a powder room and there is no other option on my main floor so it has to stay in this part of the house but can change within the kitchen proper.

I do not hate my layout and might settle for a cosmetic change with bottom drawers and a pantry pullout but I am at a point where frugality trumps beauty so only really want to pay the big bucks to provide a much better layout. We presently eat every meal in the dining room and will continue that for dinners but with still young kids an eating area by a sink for breakfasts and snacks would be nice. But I do not want to lose the formal dining room.

There are five doors and I do not feel I can lose any one. I do not want to open the dining room wall for I like a closed kitchen. The five doors are, one to the main hall, one to basement, one swing door to dining room, one to back deck and one to bathroom.

Sorry so long. Here is the space I have and a rough plan of how it is layed out presently. Any ideas how to make this space work better? Thanks.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH