SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbmarti2

Adding a half bath

Shawn
6 years ago

Hi All,

I have a contractor coming by next week, but I was hoping to get a few design ideas, or possibly a heads up on any challenges I might encounter when it comes to adding a half bath to this space. I'm hoping it will be straightforward enough to do the hookups, as the only bathroom in my house is directly above this room, and the sewer pipe is accessible from the crawlspace directly under this room. I will remove the cabinetry as I've purchased a stackable washer/dryer, which will go opposite the entrance (i.e. in front of the dryer plug), and the laundry sink will go next to it in front of where the washing machine pipes currently are. The toilet will be across from that under the stairs, i.e. where my kegerator currently sits.

Additional points:

- Both the back and left side walls are exterior so a vent should be easy to add

- The ivory coloured box on the left wall is my breaker panel; not sure if having that in a bathroom is against code

Basically I'm just looking for confirmation of whether this is a good idea in a house that only has 1 bathroom, or if not, why not.

Thanks!

Comments (19)