SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cniccamorales

Suggestions for a Breezy & Comforting Great Room Color

Nics Morales
6 years ago

As mentioned in a previous post, we're building a house for our family of 5. I want something completely different from what I'm used to: warm browns, burgundies, Tuscan yellow, and sage. I've always loved coastal designs and colors and have been wanting to try SW Sea Salt or even BM Quiet Moments (I believe that's what it's called???). The builders painted the entire house Collonade Gray, but I'd love to change the Great Room color, and maybe one bathroom, to something more airy and relaxed. Do you think either of those colors above would look okay with the tile we have? (I have yet to decide if we're going to stain the grout darker or not. It was supposed to be closer to the tile color, but they made a mistake. Either way, dark or light, would Sea Salt, Quiet Moments, or something similar look nice with the color of the tile?) Also, are there other colors similar to the two? I don't want anything too bright, too blue, too green, or even too dark. The wall facing the kitchen has 5 windows (2 large and 3 smallish but still allow a lot of light). On the far end you can see the sliding glass door, but there's another window next to it. Obviously, the house isn't done. The kitchen cabinets are white and the counter top will be white as well. (Quartz in "Frost").

Comments (8)