SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jordan_green87

Moved them all inside in Zone 7

I made the move a few weeks ago to put my orchids back where they were growing before Jane suggested I move them outside... Then the leaves on everyone started turning yellow! I think it was probably a light issue, maybe cold, but I know that the north facing skylights in this room probably don't supply all of my orchids with enough light to begin with, so check out what I did today! This is all based off of Jane's growing setup with her five floor lamps (thanks so much for the reference!), and it looks so good. My husband was like, "so you want to do WHAT?" when we went to walmart to pick up the cheap lamps. The original shades on these lamps are obnoxious colors, so we left them off. The temps are difficult to regulate because this room used to be external and there are no ducts. I keep the door cracked so it can absorb some heat from the house, but it's still a bit chilly. Air movement is created by the filter in the middle of the room. Don't mind the dog crate and tupperware tubs serving as stands, this whole setup cost $70 AND it's on a timer! Here's the product, and any suggestions are appreciated:

Comments (12)