SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stevesdigits

Sociable Ramble through the Hills and Valleys

ت .

We have had all these lovely warm-season garden harvests. Instead of a few crinkly greens, I'm thinking about steaming pots of winter soups and ...? Ya know, at the end of the trail. Sitting around in the warmth with our feet up. Thinking about next season ... um, next Spring and another garden. Looking out the window ...

What ya up to? I have just had surgery - hernia. Not too tuff. I'm not and neither was the procedure. Wikipedia says 23% of men and 7% of women have this problem. I don't know whether to believe that but someone claims that some go undetected and not all require surgery.

I'll need awhile to mend. No carrying out the heavy benches from their place in the center of the greenhouse to put in one skinny bed to crinkly greens this winter. If I would have done that, it would have been about 3 weeks ago and then I'd have needed to do all that bending to get plants from outdoors in with a little seed sprinkled, here and there. The absolutely amazingly productive pepper plants may as well come out. What a season they had! A friend came over and picked a nice little bucket of peppers while I waved to her from the door. I'm sure she had a struggle getting down the narrow path in there.

I had a question for the nurse in recovery on 11/1 as I woke up and before I shambled out into the parking lot. Where was the St Bernard with the brandy?

Steve

Comments (15)